The programme Success: Chance or Choice has been developed specifically for older students in schools to motivate them to prepare for the final year examinations.
The program aims to instill deeper sense of self-esteem and greater confidence through a series of information sharing and experiential learning activities touching on topics such as defining success in one’s own terms, identifying obstacles and understanding the need to re-look at obstacles as possible learning opportunities, being aware of the qualities of successful individuals and why people fail in the quest for success.
At the end of the program, participants will be able to accomplish the following:
- Define the meaning of success
- Describe the qualities of successful persons
- Identify the obstacles to success
- Explain reasons for failure
- Identify ways to overcome obstacles to success